Fire Energetics and Emissions Research
This world map displays fires according to their fire radiative powers as measured by MODIS.
Welcome to FEER, a site dedicated to the research of fire energetics and emissions! The main motivation of this research is to gain a better understanding of how to quantify the strengths and effects of fires on the environment and climate. Check out the About section to gain a more detailed background of this research. An overview of what resources are currently available on this site is separated as follows:
- Projects: Houses the home pages of currently funded projects in this research.
- Validation of MODIS' Fire Radiative Power Product
- FRP-Based Smoke Emission Coefficients
- Interactions and Feedbacks between Biomass Burning and Water Cycle Dynamics across the Northern Sub-Saharan African Region
- Multimedia: Images, movies and maps depicting the extent of fires around the world measured from MODIS.
- Data: A file cabinet of downloadable data relavent to this research.
- MODIS Fire Radiative Power Product
- FEER Emission Coefficients and Inventory
- Tools: Available research programs or add-ons to extend your research capabilities!
- Global MODIS Fires: A Google Earth add-in that displays MODIS fires.
- Links: A list of useful links for this fire research.
- Publications: A list of our affiliated publications.
- References: A list of our affiliated references.